Our latest jobs and research opportunities.
Work Study Opportunity: Research Assistant
In this position, the incumbent will provide support in research dissemination (50%) as well as in coordinating various tasks undertaken by the research network (50%). The HSPN Research Assistant will assist with disseminating patient and caregiver experience surveys, as well as with researching literature and web sources, and writing summaries where needed that will aid the Research Staff and Investigators in preparing manuscripts and summaries for knowledge translation. In addition, he/she will assist the Senior Research Associate and/or Research Project Manager in data collection and organization for program reports, and events management, as well as in the daily operations of the research network.
The HSPN Research Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Provide general research support related to survey dissemination (printing, sending, tracking) and analysis;
- Follow up with patients and caregivers via phone;
- Conduct data entry;
- Conduct literature searches;
- Review, edit and summarize articles and manuscripts;
- Assist with ethics approvals/renewals for research projects;
- Assist with Accreditation for Continuing Medical Education Seminars;
- Attending Team and graduate student project meetings, contributing ideas for research dissemination
- Collect and organize program-related data from a wide variety of network members and stakeholders;
- Assist in knowledge translation activities and events (help prepare, set up and distribute learning materials);
- Assist in the maintenance of the website;
- Assist in the maintenance of the network’s finances;
- Assist in the daily operations of the program (organize program records, edit communications, write and update information on the web and social media keeping HSPN relevant).
This is an ideal position for individuals in their late years of undergraduate or early years of graduate studies with an interest in health services research (HSR). Students will gain experience with research collection/writing from a variety of HSR investigators and topics, knowledge translation dissemination and to gain skills needed in graduate and/or professional studies and in the academic workplace. The HSPN fosters a learning environment and the main focus of the network is training students to be tomorrow’s investigators. This position will also expose the incumbent to an academic team environment, graduate student experiences and HSR across sectors.
The HSPN Research Assistant will possess the following:
- Understanding of research processes;
- Experience in literature search is necessary;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Sound judgement and initiative to complete responsibilities with instruction;
- Very strong organizational skills;
- Ability to set priorities and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Experience updating websites and/or social media is desirable;
- Experience in an academic/research environment (preferred).
Apply via the Career & Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNX).
Job Opening date: August 16, 2023
Job Closing date: September 25, 2023
There are no vacancies at this time.
There are no employment opportunities available at this time. Please check back soon.